PHTLS Online Continuing Education provides the opportunity to:
- Learn at your own pace
- Access online content anytime, anywhere
- Save time away from your job
- Gain knowledge of state-of-the-art, evidence-based PHTLS trauma treatment and guidelines that are proven to reduce morbidity and mortality
Path 1 – For Independent Learners:Earn 8 hours of CECBEMS continuing education credit by successfully completing all modules of PHTLS Online Continuing Education. NO PHTLS CARD WILL BE ISSUED. Course Fee: $75.00
Path 2 - Do you need a PHTLS Card?PHTLS Cards are issued upon successful completion of a full 16-hour PHTLS course approved by NAEMT. NAEMT offers a 2-day PHTLS Hybrid course which includes 8 hours PHTLS Online Continuing Education and 8 classroom hours. Participants who successfully complete both the online and classroom components will earn 16 hours of CECBEMS continuing education credit and be issued a PHTLS certificate and card. PHTLS Hybrid courses are available only through NAEMT. Visit the Education section of the NAEMT website to locate a course, or call 800-346-2368.
About the PHTLS course:PHTLS is the world's premier trauma continuing education program and is authored and administered by the PHTLS Committee of the National Association of Emergency Medical Technicians (NAEMT) in conjunction with the Committee on Trauma of the American College of Surgeons. To learn more about PHTLS courses in your area or how to become a PHTLS instructor, contact NAEMT at 800-346-2368, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the PHTLS page of the NAEMT website (www.naemt.org).
About the PHTLS book:As the required textbook for NAEMT's worldwide Prehospital Trauma Life Support Course, Prehospital Trauma Life Support (PHTLS), 7th Edition, is the comprehensive, internationally renowned resource for learning basic and advanced prehospital trauma skills and concepts. Fully revised and updated, the 7th edition provides state-of-the-art, evidence-based trauma treatment and guidelines that are proven to reduce morbidity and mortality, and is also an ideal tool for studying EMT or paramedic skills and a helpful general reference on trauma assessment and management. Buy Now
What's New in the PHTLS 7th Edition:
Thoroughly revised coverage reflects cutting-edge research across all areas of PHTLS:
- NEW! Art and Science of Medicine chapter
- Updated guidelines on Explosives and Other Weapons of Mass Destruction and Disaster Management
- Fast, efficient access to key A&P, pathophysiology, and assessment/management content
Enhanced, highly visual presentation promotes critical thinking and practical application:
- Extensively updated photos
- NEW! Scenarios and Scenario Solutions case studies
- Expanded procedural guidance on the companion DVD
The required textbook for NAEMT's worldwide Prehospital Trauma Life Support course
For information on purchasing PHTLS books:
Path 1 — For independent learners: Earn 8 hours of CECBEMS continuing education credit. NO PHTLS CARD WILL BE ISSUED.I want to earn 8 hours of CECBEMS continuing education as an independent learner!
- Go to the PHTLS website to create an account and purchase the course.
- PHTLS book must be purchased separately.— PHTLS 7e eBook, ISBN: 978-0-323-06711-9— PHTLS 7e Book, ISBN: 978-0-323-06502-3
Path 2 — If you need a PHTLS Card: PHTLS Cards are issued upon successful completion of the full 16-hour PHTLS course.I want to take the PHTLS Online Continuing Education as part of the full 16-hour PHTLS Hybrid course!
- Go to the NAEMT website: www.naemt.org.
- Under the Education tab, click on Locate a Course.
- Locate a PHTLS Hybrid Course in your area and sign up.